Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Legs Ahoy!

Haveing a rare day with little responsibility, I decided to take a long bike ride. I started on Roosevelt Island outside of Georgetown and headed 40 miles northwest to Leesburg, VA on the W&OD trail. I stopped somewhere outside Ashburn, VA and watched a flock of vultures surround a cow. They just stood there as the cow mooed every now and then. I was hoping to witness some brutal nature savagery but got nothing. I watched in high anticipation for 5-10 minutes then got bored and took off towards Leesburg. Once in Leesburg I headed north to whites ferry to cross the Potomac. Once forged, I sat in the grass overlooking the river and ate a cup of brown rice with a jelly and soy-butter sandwich. I stretched and was back on the saddle headed towards home. I was exhausted and had 35 miles to go. The inside of my knees where throbing by this point and I was getting bored. I decided to take a break at the 50 mile mark but found a great place next to the river's edge a little before. I walked down to the river's bank and took a quick cat nap. 20 minutes later I was listening to Tipsy and cruising towards Great Falls at 12 miles an hour. God bless the Ipod. I got tired of Tipsy's animated instrumentals and switched to Metallica's Master of Puppets to get me though the exhaustion. I made it home just as Damaged Incorporated ended. I rode 75 miles in 6 hours 1 minute and 53 seconds averaging 12.4 miles/ hour. Good times. My legs and knees still ach. I wish the vultures would've killed the cow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Teen said...

Jason: You're a beast! Rock on.

5/18/2005 11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you're my hero.

5/22/2005 11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home