Thursday, August 11, 2005

Glamour

The scent of Urine has begun to infiltrate every inch of the bus. All the glamour and attraction of rock has been lost in the gagging and coughing while trying to sleep. It’s been rough the past couple of days. We’ve had all sorts of bus trouble. First the AC wasn’t working well and Paul, our high-pitched Irish tour manager, has dedicated his life to uphold the international standards of cold air. Paul was talking with Dave, the bus driver, about the failing AC when my favorite quote of tour was said. Dave had his hand over the AC register defending his bus, “you can feel the cold air being blown out here. It’s pretty cold.” Paul’s response, “But it’s not crisp! I want cold CRISP air. You know what I mean? I really like the air to be crisp.” I thought he was kidding. “What do you guys think? You know what I mean? Do you think the air is crisp?” None of us knew what he was talking about and it was awesome.

We woke up in West Palm w/ two blown trailer tires and a cracked trailer chassis.

Trailer Crack

The trailer had several stress fractures and was completely halved behind the wheel well. Had we driven much further the trailer would have completely torn apart. Fortunately, our bus company is based in South Florida and they called a mobile welder to come out and fix the problem.

Welder

He rolled up in an white truck with a huge welding motor in the back and got straight down to business.

Welder working

He was under the trailer for most of the day and had it fixed by load out.

Our bus driver takes forever. It’s not a matter of driving slow or fast or getting lost. It just takes forever. No one knows why or how but we just roll real slow.

More to come....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, I LOVE the crisp smell of urine in the morning! It smells like . . . victory!!! I like to turn yesterday's underwear inside-out, put my pants on and wear my cool, crisp drawers as a headwrap. Sometimes my underwear is a misnomer as I make it "overwear" to the delight of my friends and coworkers. Yes, there's nothing quite like easing back with good buds and cold suds whilst enjoying the crisp, clean aroma of tour urine. Wanna-bes take notice: there is a new day dawning. The future of rockwear is here!

8/11/2005 9:07 PM  
Blogger Jeff Simmermon said...

Jason,

How else has tour been rough? Why does the bus smell like U-rine? Don't you guys dump that stuff out?

I dig on them photos of the welder, man. Those are crisp for real.

8/12/2005 4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason, I'm glad my older, wiser half here decided to OK the tour diary I kept forgetting to call you back about. I can't wait, and I'm sorry for being so forgetful! Tell the guys I said hi, and as long as that's your urine and not the bus's previous occupants, I imagine you'll be all right.

8/18/2005 6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home