Thursday, August 25, 2005

Jones Beach

Jones Beach Long Island now holds the all time low attendance record for Dillinger on this tour. There was under 150 people in an amphitheater that held 14,000.

james-empty-LI

To top this wonderful experience, the local crew were horrible to work with. Everyone had an attitude accompanied by a bad pair of shades. The photo “coordinator” was the worst. She came up yelling at me just after I had finished helping Chris set up the drums. I was standing on the side of the stage with my camera slung over my back.
“You don’t have permission to be on stage!”
“What are you talking about?”
“You can’t be onstage!”
“I’m with the band playing.”
“Get off stage!”
“What’s your problem? Why are you freaking out? I’m on this whole tour!”
“What’s your name!!!”
“Jason Hamacher. Let me know if that works for you!”
“You can’t be on stage with out a pass!”
“Thank you!”
I turned my back on her laughing, as she stormed off into a sea of deserted bleachers.

Panama-Sean
(this isn't the coordinator but Panama Jack's cousin, Panama Sean)

The handful of people that came up front were totally into the show.

Greg-w-2-fans-LI

Greg-Clouds-LI

Greg-Empty-LI

After the third song the other photographers were forced to leave the front and there were only four people left. It was a lonely day, but the energy was really intense. Greg and Ben were all over the place.

Greg-Cymbal-Speaker

Ben-Just-Do-It

After the second song Greg launched the mic stand over the crowd and into the water below. Mid set he picked up the light box and threw it into the audience. It landed next to a father and son who got up and left immediately. Ben brought out the raw by accidentally nailing Greg full on in the nuts!

Kick-in-the-balls

Greg fell face down for a second or two then got up and hit Ben with the mic really hard. I looked like they were going to all out brawl. It was definitely weird.

Greg ended the set by running and jumping ten feet over the barriers into the bay swimming out of sight. It was amazing.

Greg getting out of the bay

Greg-H2o

No one could believe what had happened and it was the talk of the tour for hours. The state water police were looking for him for a while since the bay was a state park. Awesome.

4 Comments:

Blogger THRC said...

jason -

i seriously go to this blog every day. its amazing. i love the pictures, the great story. you are documenting a lovely travel with such beautiful detail. i hope you are doing well. peace be with you.

8/28/2005 6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you guys were amazing. The reason you had such little attendance is beacasuse the tickets said everytinhg starts at 6. Sadly the 1st band started at 4 45.I was very disapointed becuase i showed up at the last song becuase of the ticker problem. But you guys are so amazing live from the song i herd. I just wish i could of herd more. Please dont let this whole mishap discourage you from coming back to long island becuase i know a mllion people who would love to see you.

8/28/2005 11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason this is Kevout from Cincinnati. The dude with the crazy picture of you. I'm not sure if you got my email. Here you are: erfhjbrfgj

I would have liked to be one of the four people at that show. I am confused about this body of water.

8/30/2005 9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked your information in Jones Beach. Too bad it doesn't have more on how to get backstage pass. I was looking for how to get backstage pass in my area. Enjoyed reading what you have. I'll check back later when I get some spare time next week. Thanks Jason.

11/23/2005 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home