Saturday, December 01, 2007

Updates!

Hello all! I apologize for such a long delay in postings. The last several months were spent working on the new website, preparing for speaking engagements, and seriously formulating concepts.

My website www.lostorigins.com is up and running. The site is loaded with sights and sounds so check it out and let me know what you think.

For a quick update, I have my first photo show here in DC In Dec. All info is on the new site. In October, I spent an amazing week in Maine attending a documentary film development workshop taught by Jack McDonald. It was very hard work but I plan to have a proposal finished by the end of the year. I meet with the Syrian Embassy next week to further discuss my book and to begin preparing for the next trip. I plan to return to Syria 2 times next year. The first trip will solely focus on photography for the book which I've named Aleppo: The Essence of Syria . And the trip second is going to finally record the chants and begin gathering footage for the documentary.

The week after next I have a meeting with Professor Bryan Spinks at Yale Institute of Sacred Music to discuss collaborating on a second book. I'll hopefully schedule a meeting with a professor from Harvard for reasons I'll discuss very soon.

Things are beginning to settle so I'll have time to update and begin to put down some of the chaos from the last trip to Syria. Let's do this!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jason, my I ask you two questions about Aleppo ?
- the St. George Cathedral near the Al Tawhid Mosque and the Chaldean Church is the Saint George Syrian Orthodox Cathedral ?
- where is the Synagogue in Aleppo ?
Thank you in advance for your kind answer and best regards.

2/17/2008 11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jason, my I ask you two questions about Aleppo ?
- the St. George Cathedral near the Al Tawhid Mosque and the Chaldean Church is the Saint George Syrian Orthodox Cathedral ?
- where is the Synagogue in Aleppo ?
Thank you in advance for your kind answer and best regards.

2/17/2008 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home