Saturday, June 11, 2005

Wiping in the Lord's House

I slept through my alarm this morning and woke up an hour late. I brushed my teeth, threw on my suit, and ran down stairs to meet my ride. Nate and I were going to the National Cathedral to attend the ordination of a friend who was becoming a deacon of the Episcopal Church. He’ll as deacon for a year then hopefully be pronounced as priest.

Once at the Cathedral, Nate grabbed us seats and I headed straight for the men’s room. A mother and her two boys were right behind me. “After you go potty meet mommy back here.” I snagged the stall in the back corner of the bathroom and got down to business. Sam, the youngest of the two boys, took the stall next to me. He couldn’t have been more than four years old but Sam’s bowels were definitely all grown up. I think he dropped a bag of cement. At the delivery had been made Sam started to shout, “Get mom! Adam get mom!” “What’s wrong Sam?” Adam couldn’t have been over eight. “I need help wiping!”

Why was this happening? Sam continued to yell, “Get mom! I need help wiping!” Adam opened the door and yelled “Mom! Sam needs help wiping!” “Tell Sam he has to do it himself. You’re in the men’s room.” “I can’t Mom! Help!” “Adam help you’re brother!” “Okay!”

So there’s a kid wiping his younger brother next to me. What was happening? I had no idea what to do so I sat in dead silence listening to chaos.

Adam had a hard time wiping his brother so then he went to get mom. “Is there anyone in there?” The boys yelled “no!” My heart was beating out of my chest. Mom came in and saw my shoes! “There’s someone in here! Come on!” She grabbed here kids and ran out. I don’t know if Sam was ever properly wiped. I put my pants on and left. I had a hard time trying to stop myself from laughing. Sam’s monumental deposit killed my worship experience. I had a hard time focusing on God’s presence after that. Better luck next time Sam.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man, chaffy would've been proud. "my house shall be a house of worship."

6/13/2005 9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP MY LORD!
Dude, this was hilarious.

6/13/2005 11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

....so i'm bored out of my mind one day and i stumble upon this "blogging situation"... to my surprise, i am intimately close with many of the individuals referenced. it will take me some time to read all of these but i assure you, it will happen. incidently, i challenge that this story happened this weekend. I contend this was a flashback of you and yuckty in 1987. just my opinion....
who wants to trade a stock????

- 36.5

6/13/2005 1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today's word, boys and girls, is: FIBER and today's program is brought to you by the letters: P and U and the number: 2.

6/14/2005 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home