Sunday, September 25, 2005

Schlie's Wedding

I just got off the phone w/ Mrs. Alindogan. The family got our wedding invitation and they are really happy that I found Jenny and moving on. Understandably, she thinks the actual ceremony might be to emotional so she’s not sure if they’ll come to the ceremony but will come to the reception. I know I’ll be rough on me. She told me Mr. Alindogan cried when he read the invite. Once I heard that, the tears came and I haven’t stopped crying.

Last night was Mike Schliebaum’s wedding. It was the first time most of the old crew was together in years. The last time everyone was actually together was for Alanna’s funeral. At the wedding, I sat with Frodus and their ladies plus Ken Hirsch, Vanessa, Phyte, and Francoise. It was really good sitting with Shelby and Nate, even though they were on the other side of the table. Things between us aren’t 100% back but we’re getting there. Phyte and I had a dance off and we both torn our pants on the floor. The night ended with Elton John’s Tiny Dancer. Everyone one was dancing and hugging. I held Jenny close with Ken Hirsch on my right and Brian McTernan on my left while trying to hold back the tears. We’re not 23 and most of us don’t tour anymore. Everyone is settling down. Last night I learned that no distance, time, or tragedy can take away what our crew’s got.

My life has changed dramatically since Alanna has died. Now, almost 6 years later, I’m actually getting married. The love I have for Jenny is as deep as it gets. Greif runs deep and it’s really rough having to wade through your past just to be in the present.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog contained issues relating to wedding toast which I found quite absorbing. I would argue that wedding toast matters are best left to the professionals in most cases.

10/18/2005 7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heres info on wedding dress located at: wedding dress

11/21/2005 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home