Saturday, June 17, 2006

Update w/ new photos

I have tried to post this thing 3 times and keep screwing it up!

I am sitting at home watching Saturday Night Live as Jenny sleeps. I haven't watched this show for a long time. It is really strange that Fred from Trenchmouth is on the show. I always feel a sense of pride when someone from the Indie scene "Makes It". Last Tuesday I went to see Nine Inch Nails and hang out with Aaron North, their NIN guitarist.

_MG_7620 - 2006-06-14 102827AM.jpg

I've know Aaron for several years now and he was actually considering joining Decahedron just before our demise I went back to their hotel after the show and hung out until 5 am. Click here to check out photos from the show

Jenny and I have started a new jobs working together at Klinger Advanced Aesthetics in Chevy Chase, Maryland. The facility is huge, just under 9000 sq/ft. That has kept me overwhelmed for just about 2 months now.

I finally started writing songs with my dream band. I'm calling it Zealot. The line up is: Mike Schliebaum (Darkest Hour) on guitar, Dimitri Minakakis (Dillinger Escape Plan) vocals, Nate Newton and Kurt Ballou (Converge) on Bass and Guitar. So far Mike and I have written one song that sounds like Entombed. It gets pretty heavy. It'll be good times.

The Syrian project is going really well. I have had meetings with Yale, the Bishops, and Professor Griffith from Catholic University. Everyone has been really helpful. Yale has requested a low budget video capturing the Eucharist from St. George's and St. Ephrem's. The final product will be used as a teaching tool and added to the Yale archives. I have submitted a budget and await a response. I hope to return to Syria in September. I have contacted the Syrian Embassy here in DC and trying to arrange a meeting with the Ambassador. I need his in setting up a meeting with President Assad. I would like to discuss his thoughts on housing one of Christianities oldest traditions in his country. I also would like to discuss his concepts on governing Muslims and Christians that seem to get along well. So all I can do now is wait.

I am finishing a 79 page photo book from the first trip to Aleppo. I made a short run of 3 books about 5 weeks ago, spending $288. I opened the package and found my captions were filled with several really stupid mistakes. Jenny's quote, "did you proof read this?" "I think so" "You misspelled your own name." There you go. I haven't had the will to finish since.

Jenny and I bought a house!
_MG_7511 - 2006-06-06 045009AM.jpg

We settle on July 6th, the day after my birthday. We have been trying to figure out how to celebrate our 30th so we bought a house! This is our new address is 3320 Mt. Pleasant St. NW, DC. This whole process has been insane. Everything has been insane.

I am finishing up my article for Massage & Bodywork magazine. Both articles that were run in Alternative Press got great response. I am tired and need to go to sleep. More to come.

3 Comments:

Blogger Graham Land said...

That house looks great, congradulations! looks like things are going really well for you. aldi vivaldi, etc...

7/04/2006 8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

linked to you thru your el greed photos. not only do i think i know your wife, but, also nate newton, who was in some great bands in va bitch that are worth noting. say hi to both of them from chris cossu. -c5

7/01/2007 1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

linked to you thru your el greed photos. not only do i think i know your wife, but, also nate newton, who was in some great bands in va bitch that are worth noting. say hi to both of them from chris cossu. -c5

7/01/2007 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home